Maths Week Ireland 2017 takes place from October 14th to 22nd. Its aim is to focus on all things maths for one week in the year and for pupils to have fun engaging in maths activities so that they can have a more positive attitude to maths.
It also aims to demonstrate to pupils that maths is not confined to a maths book or a maths lesson in school, but rather that maths is all around us and that it affects our everyday lives in so many ways.
There are lots of resources on the site to use during Maths Week:
- Maths Week 2017 Table Quizzes: Senior Table Quiz, Junior Table Quiz. The quizzes are on PowerPoints which can be shown in the class or school hall
- An older Maths Week Table Quiz is also on the site HERE
- These Walkabout Maths 01; Walkabout Maths 02 ; Walkabout Maths 03 ; Walkabout Maths 04 ; activities involving tens and units would get younger pupils moving around the class/school
- These Coin Fans would be great for doing money mental maths activities
- Maths Mat 1 and Maths Mat 2 are great for the development of mental maths. They were created for Maths Week 2016.
- There are a few maths-themed bingo games on the site: Measures Bingo; Maths Symbols Bingo; Shape Bingo 01; Shape Bingo 02; Shape Bingo 03, Shape Bingo 04;
- 3rd Class Maths Trail; 5th/6th Class Maths Trail; these are just samples of (Free) maths trails and may need to be adapted
- Train Timetable activity
- Weekly Diary activity
There are lots of other maths activities on the site including Peg Maths Activities; Addition Cards; Subtraction Cards; Multiplication Cards; Division Cards; Maths Loop Cards. All of these would be suitable as activities in Maths Stations.
- Funky Mummy – number bonds to 20
- Khan Academy – practise maths skills
- Teacher Tools – resources for IWB
- Class Maths – maths links for the various Strands in the Irish maths curriculum
- Math Playground – lots of maths games
- Maths Is Fun – lots of maths games to explore
- Maths Zone – maths games
- National Library of Virtual Manipulatives – great resources for the IWB
- Check out more Maths Links on this website