I was delighted this morning to find out that Seomra Ranga has been selected as a finalist in the international Edublog Awards in the Best Individual Blog category. The Edublog Awards were set up to promote and celebrate the value of blogs and social media in education. Although Seomra Ranga has been nominated before, this is the first time that it has made it through to the voting round. Many thanks to those who nominated Seomra Ranga. Now is the time to ask for your votes. If you are a regular visitor to Seomra Ranga, it would be great to show you appreciation by voting for the website. It is up against some “heavy hitters” from the US and the UK, so it would be amazing to feature in the final selection.
Voting is open until 11:59pm US Eastern Standard Time on Sunday, December the 9th. Remember that you can vote once per day per category from the same IP address until the closing date. The winners will be announced at the Edublog Awards ceremony on the 12th at 7pm EST.
PLEASE VOTE NOW FOR SEOMRA RANGA HERE
There are other Irish finalists in other categories that you might also like to vote for:
* Best Group Blog: SCC English and Irish Teacher Blogs
* Best New Blog: Saucepan Kids
* Best Class Blog: SCC English
* Best Ed Tech Blog: The Frog Blog
* Best Teacher Blog: Leaving Cert English (Evelyn O’ Connor) and Levdavidovic (Fintan O’ Mahony) and The Frog Blog
* Most Influential Blog Post: The Journal – VIDEO: Teacher of the Year criticises the “injustice” of system and “teacher-bashing”
* Best Individual Tweeter: Fred Boss
* Best Twitter Hashtag: EdchatIE
* Best Podcasts: Educasting from Ireland (Bernie Goldbach)
* Best Mobile App: Rory’s Story Cubes