Many thanks to all of the teachers and student teachers who entered our competition for some great Gaeilge resources sponsored by Smarty Cat Games. It was a great success and, in fact, was the most popular competition we have run on the site so far with 153 entries. Obviously, there is a great need for quality Gaeilge resources. Again, many thanks to Claire O’ Gorman, creator of the resources, for sponsoring the prize packs for this competition. Most people found the questions quite easy, but just to confirm, the answers were:
1. Cén Gaeilge atá ar “oven” – oigheann
2. Cad is brí le “sútha talún” – strawberries
3. Cén Gaeilge atá ar “tights” – riteoga
4. Cad is brí le “cuileann” – holly
5. Cé mhéad téamaí atá igCuraclam na Gaeilge sa bhunscoil – 10
The draw for the prizewinners took place after the 5pm Thursday deadline on Twitter. John Heffernan, a regular Irish Tweeter randomly selected five numbers for me. The winners of the four prize packs were:
1. Emma Lane, Renmore Co. Galway
2. Niamh Ní Shúilleabháin, Portlaoise, Co. Laois
3. Fiona Darcy, Green Lane, Carlow
4. Alma Casey, Castlepollard, Co. Westmeath
Many thanks to all who entered the competition and congratulations to all of the winners whom I have contacted via email. Hopefully we’ll have another competition on the site very soon.
Disclaimer: Smarty Cat Games is a current advertiser on this website.