Many thanks to all of the teachers who entered our competition with Veritas for a copy of “Preparing for First Reconciliation – A Guide for Families” by Elaine Mahon. It was a great success. Many thanks to Veritas for sponsoring the prizes. Most people found the questions quite easy, but just to confirm, the answers were:
1. Pupils make the Sacrament of First Reconciliation in 2nd Class
2. There are 7 Sacraments
3. The story of the Prodigal Son tells of a father’s forgiveness
4. Another name for the Sacrament of Reconciliation is Confession
5. At the end of the Sacrament of Reconciliation, the priest says a prayer called Absolution
The draw for the prizewinners took place after the 5pm Thursday deadline on Twitter. A Veritas representative and another Tweeter randomly selected five numbers for me. The winners of the five books were:
1. Deirdre Ní Cheallaigh, Scoil Mhuire, Sraith na Salach, Co. na Gaillimhe
2. Éabha Ní Chualain, Menlo, Co. Galway
3. Hugh Lynn, Abbeycartron NS, Co. Roscommon.
4. Sarah Moriarity, Leighlinbridge NS, Co. Carlow.
5. Elaine Sweeney, St. Oliver’s NS, Ballylongford, Co. Kerry.
Many thanks to all who entered the competition and congratulations to all of the winners whom I have contacted via email. Hopefully we’ll have another competition on the site very soon.